MSNBC

MSNBC 10 Sep 2019

Trump's White House Denies Chaos In The Wake Of John Bolton's Chaotic Exit

Description:

Trump aides Mike Pompeo and Steven Mnuchin denied things are chaotic inside the White House after the president announced on Twitter that yet another National Security Adviser is out. Philip Rucker, Jeremy Bash, and Kimberly Atkins discuss.


President Trump Participates in the Announcement of the Guidance on Constitutional Prayer in Public Schools

The White House
For years, private armies have provided services to governments around the world. They are often secretive and operate in the shadows.

Blackwater - now known as Academi - is one of the most well-known private armies. It has provided troops and other services to the US government in different conflicts, including the Iraq war.

But it is not always clear how these private armies are formed, where they operate, or even what their missions consist of.

Eeben Barlow is chairman of 'Specialised Tasks, Training, Equipment and Protection International' - a private army that - according to Barlow - has operated throughout Africa and beyond. He was also behind another similar company that shut down in 1998 - called Executive Outcomes.

And while many argue private armies are mercenaries doing the jobs governments do not want to do - Barlow insists his operations are legitimate and follow international law.

"We don't see ourselves as mercenaries. We are first of all contracted by a national government. We become part of their armed forces, we wear their uniforms, we follow their procedures and guidelines, we fall under the legal regulations of that country. So, in other words, we serve the country that contracts us. And yes, we get paid for it, but we certainly don't get paid to run around and cause chaos," says Barlow.

Some private military contractors have been accused of prolonging conflicts instead of ending them, but Barlow believes that "there is a fine line between moral and immoral".

"But that really goes back to the people that are involved ... We've never prolonged a conflict, in fact, we've ended them despite them carrying on for decades and decades. We've ended them in a very short space of time. But I am aware of companies that do not mind if the conflict continues because that's the goose that lays the golden egg, and they certainly don't want to stop it," says Barlow.

He stresses the importance of cultural understanding and expertise needed to end conflicts across Africa.

"We are after all Africans that work in Africa. But I do think there is a major concern that Africans can actually end African conflicts," says Barlow.

"We look at all these private military companies going into Africa, they are just charging, they don't understand the environment they are in, they don't understand the area of operation, they don't understand the people and very quickly, they offend people ... If they are not going to add value and bring about ... stability and peace, then they shouldn't be there. But unfortunately, this has been allowed to drag on."

So who makes sure these armies are indeed following international law? How do they operate? And is there accountability?

Eeben Barlow provides an insight into the world of private military contractors as he talks to Al Jazeera about his company's role in fighting Boko Haram in Nigeria, the LRA in Uganda and other conflicts across Africa.
Jay Williams gives a heartfelt explanation of what Kobe Bryant meant to not only basketball, but to the entire world and why his impact will never be forgotten.

#Kobe
The Ford car company was booming in the 1920's. As the company grew, so did the need for latex to make rubber tires. Henry Ford's solution was to build two American towns in the heart of Brazil's Amazon jungle. The project hit snags... but the towns are still standing. CGTN's Paul Cabral takes a look.

… show captions ↓
WASHINGTON CORRESPONDENT FOR WBUR, BOSTON’S NPR NEWS STATION.
WBUR, BOSTON’S NPR NEWS STATION. WELCOME TO YOU ALL.
WELCOME TO YOU ALL. PHIL, I’D LIKE TO BEGIN WITH
PHIL, I’D LIKE TO BEGIN WITH YOU.
YOU. JUST TONIGHT, TUCKER CARLSON, BY
JUST TONIGHT, TUCKER CARLSON, BY THE WAY, IS QUOTED AS CALLING
THE WAY, IS QUOTED AS CALLING THIS A GREAT DAY FOR AMERICA AND
THIS A GREAT DAY FOR AMERICA AND SAYING OF BOLTON, HE’S A MAN OF
SAYING OF BOLTON, HE’S A MAN OF THE LEFT.
THE LEFT. WHAT IS YOUR AFTER-ACTION
WHAT IS YOUR AFTER-ACTION REPORT?
REPORT? WAS THIS LOYALTY PROBLEMS OR
WAS THIS LOYALTY PROBLEMS OR LEAKS?
LEAKS? WAS THIS OUTSIDE VOICES OR
WAS THIS OUTSIDE VOICES OR ACTUAL POLICY?
ACTUAL POLICY? >> BRIAN, IT’S BASICALLY ALL OF
>> BRIAN, IT’S BASICALLY ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND BY THE TIME
THE ABOVE, AND BY THE TIME BOLTON LEFT THE ADMINISTRATION,
BOLTON LEFT THE ADMINISTRATION, THE LIST OF HIS DETRACTORS, OF
THE LIST OF HIS DETRACTORS, OF THE PEOPLE INSIDE THE
THE PEOPLE INSIDE THE ADMINISTRATION WHO DID NOT
ADMINISTRATION WHO DID NOT ADMIRE HIM, WAS QUITE LONG.
ADMIRE HIM, WAS QUITE LONG. IT INCLUDED, BY THE WAY, THE
IT INCLUDED, BY THE WAY, THE FIRST LADY AND THE CHIEF OF
FIRST LADY AND THE CHIEF OF STAFF, MICK MULVANEY.
STAFF, MICK MULVANEY. TRUMP AND BOLTON HAVE DISAGREED
TRUMP AND BOLTON HAVE DISAGREED FROM REALLY THE BEGINNING OF
FROM REALLY THE BEGINNING OF THIS RELATIONSHIP, ESPECIALLY ON
THIS RELATIONSHIP, ESPECIALLY ON NORTH KOREA, BUT ALSO ON
NORTH KOREA, BUT ALSO ON AFGHANISTAN, ON IRAN, ON OTHER
AFGHANISTAN, ON IRAN, ON OTHER ISSUES.
ISSUES. THE PROBLEM FOR TRUMP IN RECENT
THE PROBLEM FOR TRUMP IN RECENT WEEKS, HOWEVER, IS THAT BOLTON’S
WEEKS, HOWEVER, IS THAT BOLTON’S DISAGREEMENTS INCREASINGLY
DISAGREEMENTS INCREASINGLY BECAME PUBLICLY KNOWN THROUGH
BECAME PUBLICLY KNOWN THROUGH MEDIA REPORTS.
MEDIA REPORTS. BOLTON, OF COURSE, DENIES THAT
BOLTON, OF COURSE, DENIES THAT HE HAS LEAKED THOSE SORTS OF
HE HAS LEAKED THOSE SORTS OF DETAILS, BUT IT BOTHERED THE
DETAILS, BUT IT BOTHERED THE PRESIDENT THAT THE DISPUTES THAT
PRESIDENT THAT THE DISPUTES THAT THESE DISCUSSIONS THEY WERE
THESE DISCUSSIONS THEY WERE HAVING ESPECIALLY ON AFGHANISTAN
HAVING ESPECIALLY ON AFGHANISTAN AND THOSE PEACE TALKS WITH THE
AND THOSE PEACE TALKS WITH THE TALIBAN WERE COMING INTO FULL
TALIBAN WERE COMING INTO FULL VIEW AND THERE WAS REALLY A
VIEW AND THERE WAS REALLY A BREAKDOWN IN THE WAY THAT THE
BREAKDOWN IN THE WAY THAT THE NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS OF
NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS OF THE ADMINISTRATION WAS WORKING.
THE ADMINISTRATION WAS WORKING. BOLTON IN THE FINAL WEEKS,
BOLTON IN THE FINAL WEEKS, ACCORDING TO MY COLLEAGUES’
ACCORDING TO MY COLLEAGUES’ REPORTING AT THE "POST" WAS NOT
REPORTING AT THE "POST" WAS NOT EVEN ON SPEAKING TERMS WITH THE
EVEN ON SPEAKING TERMS WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE MIKE POMPEO
SECRETARY OF STATE MIKE POMPEO AND TRUMP SAW THAT AS A REAL
AND TRUMP SAW THAT AS A REAL PROBLEM AND STARTED TO REALLY
PROBLEM AND STARTED TO REALLY RESENT BOLTON.
RESENT BOLTON. I TALKED TO A SENIOR
I TALKED TO A SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL, FORMER
ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL, FORMER OFFICIAL, EARLIER TODAY, WHO
OFFICIAL, EARLIER TODAY, WHO SAID THAT BOLTON REALLY ACTED
SAID THAT BOLTON REALLY ACTED LIKE A BIG SHOT IN THE WHITE
LIKE A BIG SHOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
HOUSE. HE HAD A BIG ENTOURAGE.
HE HAD A BIG ENTOURAGE. HIS AIDES WERE MORE LOYAL TO HIM
HIS AIDES WERE MORE LOYAL TO HIM THAN TO THE PRESIDENT, HILSMSELF
THAN TO THE PRESIDENT, HILSMSELF THE PRESIDENT ULTIMATELY GOT
THE PRESIDENT ULTIMATELY GOT SICK OF THAT.
SICK OF THAT. >> JEREMY BASH, TWO POINTS HERE.
>> JEREMY BASH, TWO POINTS HERE. NUMBER ONE, THIS IS HARDLY THE
NUMBER ONE, THIS IS HARDLY THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE SEEN TENSION
FIRST TIME WE HAVE SEEN TENSION BETWEEN TWO POWERFUL JOBS IN THE
BETWEEN TWO POWERFUL JOBS IN THE MODERN ERA.
MODERN ERA. NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER AND
NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER AND THE WHITE HOUSE.
THE WHITE HOUSE. HENRY KISSINGER AND SECRETARY OF
HENRY KISSINGER AND SECRETARY OF STATE.
STATE. POINT NUMBER TWO IS AN EXAMPLE
POINT NUMBER TWO IS AN EXAMPLE FROM RAND PAUL OF SOME OF THE
FROM RAND PAUL OF SOME OF THE REACTION TODAY.
REACTION TODAY. LET’S LISTEN TOGETHER.
LET’S LISTEN TOGETHER. >> JOHN BOLTON OUT OF THE WHITE
>> JOHN BOLTON OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE, THE THREAT OF WAR AROUND
HOUSE, THE THREAT OF WAR AROUND THE WORLD IS GREATLY DIMINISHED.
THE WORLD IS GREATLY DIMINISHED. THE PRESIDENT REALLY DOES WANT
THE PRESIDENT REALLY DOES WANT TO END THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN.
TO END THE WAR IN AFGHANISTAN. I THINK HE COULD, BUT HE NEEDS
I THINK HE COULD, BUT HE NEEDS PEOPLE AROUND HIM WHO SUPPORT
PEOPLE AROUND HIM WHO SUPPORT THE VISION HE’S PUTTING FORWARD.
THE VISION HE’S PUTTING FORWARD. >> SO, JEREMY, AFTER ALL THIS,
>> SO, JEREMY, AFTER ALL THIS, DO YOU THINK THIS MARKS ANY
DO YOU THINK THIS MARKS ANY CHANGE IN DIRECTION ON POLICY
CHANGE IN DIRECTION ON POLICY FOR THIS PRESIDENCY?
FOR THIS PRESIDENCY? >> WELL, I THINK THE PRESIDENT
>> WELL, I THINK THE PRESIDENT MAKES IT UP AS HE GOES ALONG.
MAKES IT UP AS HE GOES ALONG. YOU KNOW, HE -- HE IMPROVISES
YOU KNOW, HE -- HE IMPROVISES FOREIGN POLICY.
FOREIGN POLICY. THERE’S NO DOCTRINAL NORTH STAR.
THERE’S NO DOCTRINAL NORTH STAR. FOR THAT REASON, JOHN BOLTON WHO
FOR THAT REASON, JOHN BOLTON WHO VERY MUCH CAME OUT OF THE SCHOOL
VERY MUCH CAME OUT OF THE SCHOOL OF BEING A MUSCULAR
OF BEING A MUSCULAR INTERNATIONALIST, REALLY FAVORED
INTERNATIONALIST, REALLY FAVORED MILITARY INTERVENTION IN THE
MILITARY INTERVENTION IN THE CONTEXT OF IRAN, DID NOT LIKE
CONTEXT OF IRAN, DID NOT LIKE COZYING UP TO PUTIN, DID NOT
COZYING UP TO PUTIN, DID NOT LIKE THE BROMANCE WITH KIM
LIKE THE BROMANCE WITH KIM JONG-UN, AND OBVIOUSLY WAS VERY
JONG-UN, AND OBVIOUSLY WAS VERY WARY OF DOING A PEACE DEAL WITH
WARY OF DOING A PEACE DEAL WITH THEAL TALIBAN THAT WOULD REMOVE
THEAL TALIBAN THAT WOULD REMOVE U.S. TROOPS AND INTELLIGENCE
U.S. TROOPS AND INTELLIGENCE PROFESSIONALS FROM AFGHANISTAN
PROFESSIONALS FROM AFGHANISTAN DURING THE 9/11 ANNIVERSARY
DURING THE 9/11 ANNIVERSARY WEEK.
WEEK. AND SO THIS CLASH IN SOME WAYS
AND SO THIS CLASH IN SOME WAYS WAS INEVITABLE AND I THINK IT
WAS INEVITABLE AND I THINK IT SHOWS YOU THE EXTENT OF THE
SHOWS YOU THE EXTENT OF THE CHAOS, THE EX-TEMPTTENT OF THE
CHAOS, THE EX-TEMPTTENT OF THE DYSFUNCTION.
DYSFUNCTION. THESE ARE CRITICALLY IMPORTANT
THESE ARE CRITICALLY IMPORTANT JOBS BECAUSE DONALD TRUMP IS
JOBS BECAUSE DONALD TRUMP IS VERY LUCKY, WE HAVE NOT HAD A
VERY LUCKY, WE HAVE NOT HAD A MAJOR NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS,
MAJOR NATIONAL SECURITY CRISIS, A NO-KIDDING FULL-BLOWN CRISIS,
A NO-KIDDING FULL-BLOWN CRISIS, AN ATTACK ON THE HOMELAND OR
AN ATTACK ON THE HOMELAND OR SOME SIGNIFICANT MILITARY
SOME SIGNIFICANT MILITARY CONFRONTATION, AND WHEN THAT
CONFRONTATION, AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS, YOU NEED PROFESSIONALS
HAPPENS, YOU NEED PROFESSIONALS AROUND YOU WHO CAN GIVE YOU THE
AROUND YOU WHO CAN GIVE YOU THE HONEST FACTS AND THE BEST
HONEST FACTS AND THE BEST ADVICE.
ADVICE. >> YEAH, JEREMY, I WAS THINKING
>> YEAH, JEREMY, I WAS THINKING EARLIER TONIGHT, WE HAVE A LOOK
EARLIER TONIGHT, WE HAVE A LOOK AT ONE OF THE TESTING SESSIONS
AT ONE OF THE TESTING SESSIONS FOR WHAT WE’RE GOING TO SEE
FOR WHAT WE’RE GOING TO SEE TOMORROW EVENING.
TOMORROW EVENING. THIS IS, AFTER ALL, THE EVE OF
THIS IS, AFTER ALL, THE EVE OF THE 9/11 ANNIVERSARY.
THE 9/11 ANNIVERSARY. HARD TO BELIEVE IT’S BEEN 18
HARD TO BELIEVE IT’S BEEN 18 YEARS.
YEARS. AND TOMORROW EVENING OVER LOWER
AND TOMORROW EVENING OVER LOWER MANHATTAN, WE WILL SEE THOSE TWO
MANHATTAN, WE WILL SEE THOSE TWO SHAFTS OF BLUE LIGHT THAT STILL
SHAFTS OF BLUE LIGHT THAT STILL PUTS A LUMP IN YOUR THROAT.
PUTS A LUMP IN YOUR THROAT. TO YOUR POINT, GOD FORBID WE
TO YOUR POINT, GOD FORBID WE HAVE NOT WITNESSED A GENUINE
HAVE NOT WITNESSED A GENUINE CRISIS BECAUSE THAT’S THE DAY
CRISIS BECAUSE THAT’S THE DAY YOU REALIZE THE JOB OF NATIONAL
YOU REALIZE THE JOB OF NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER IN THE WHITE
SECURITY ADVISER IN THE WHITE HOUSE IS ONE OF THE MOST
HOUSE IS ONE OF THE MOST CONSEQUENTIAL IN THE FREE WORLD.
CONSEQUENTIAL IN THE FREE WORLD. >> ABSOLUTELY.
>> ABSOLUTELY. THE FUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS OF THE
THE FUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS OF THE JOB ARE TO BRING TOGETHER THE
JOB ARE TO BRING TOGETHER THE FOLKS FROM THE OTHER AGENCIES,
FOLKS FROM THE OTHER AGENCIES, THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL
THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE, THE CHAIRMAN OF
INTELLIGENCE, THE CHAIRMAN OF THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF, THE
THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF, THE SECRETARIES OF DEFENSE AND STATE
SECRETARIES OF DEFENSE AND STATE AND THE OTHER CABINET LEADS AND
AND THE OTHER CABINET LEADS AND TO PROVIDE OPTIONS TO THE
TO PROVIDE OPTIONS TO THE PRESIDENT, TO AMASS THE FACTS,
PRESIDENT, TO AMASS THE FACTS, TO CONSULT WITH ALLIES, PARTNERS
TO CONSULT WITH ALLIES, PARTNERS AROUND THE WORLD, AND TO GIVE
AROUND THE WORLD, AND TO GIVE THE PRESIDENT OPTIONS TO RESPOND
THE PRESIDENT OPTIONS TO RESPOND TO A CRISIS.
TO A CRISIS. JOHN BOLTON HAD BASICALLY BECOME
JOHN BOLTON HAD BASICALLY BECOME A CABLE TV COMMENTATOR IN THE
A CABLE TV COMMENTATOR IN THE WHITE HOUSE.
WHITE HOUSE. WITH NO MANDATE OTHER THAN TO
WITH NO MANDATE OTHER THAN TO PUSH HIS OWN VIEWS AND HIS
PUSH HIS OWN VIEWS AND HIS AGENDA.
AGENDA. THAT’S WHAT GOT HIM CROSSWAYS
THAT’S WHAT GOT HIM CROSSWAYS BUT ALSO SHOWS HOW DYSFUNCTIONAL
BUT ALSO SHOWS HOW DYSFUNCTIONAL THE NATIONAL SECURITY PROCESS
THE NATIONAL SECURITY PROCESS HAS BECOME UNDER PRESIDENT
HAS BECOME UNDER PRESIDENT TRUMP.
TRUMP. >> KIM, AT THE START OF OUR
>> KIM, AT THE START OF OUR BROADCAST, WE SHOWED A PIECE OF
BROADCAST, WE SHOWED A PIECE OF VIDEO THAT WE DIDN’T EXPLAIN,
VIDEO THAT WE DIDN’T EXPLAIN, AND THAT WAS WHILE THIS WAS ALL
AND THAT WAS WHILE THIS WAS ALL GOING ON, SHORTLY BEFORE THE
GOING ON, SHORTLY BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT, THE CAMERA CREWS
ANNOUNCEMENT, THE CAMERA CREWS THAT ARE ALWAYS CAMPED OUT IN
THAT ARE ALWAYS CAMPED OUT IN THE DRIVEWAY AND THE BRIEFING
THE DRIVEWAY AND THE BRIEFING ROOM SAW JOHN BOLTON ALL BY HIS
ROOM SAW JOHN BOLTON ALL BY HIS LONESOME ON HIS CELL PHONE COME
LONESOME ON HIS CELL PHONE COME OUT OF THE NORTHWEST PORTICO
OUT OF THE NORTHWEST PORTICO THERE IN THE WEST WING, NO
THERE IN THE WEST WING, NO MARINE PRESENT, JUST STANDING
MARINE PRESENT, JUST STANDING THERE, STILL THE NATIONAL
THERE, STILL THE NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER TO THE
SECURITY ADVISER TO THE PRESIDENT
PRESIDENT PRESIDENT, MAKING A PHONE CALL.
PRESIDENT, MAKING A PHONE CALL. NEXT TIME WE HEARD HIS NAME, IT
NEXT TIME WE HEARD HIS NAME, IT WAS HIS DEPARTURE.
WAS HIS DEPARTURE. KIM, YOU COVERED THIS CROWD FOR
KIM, YOU COVERED THIS CROWD FOR A LONG TIME.
A LONG TIME. YOU’VE TALKED TO A LOT OF
YOU’VE TALKED TO A LOT OF PEOPLE.
PEOPLE. IS THE LESSON OF THIS THAT IF
IS THE LESSON OF THIS THAT IF YOU MANAGE UP, YOUR CHANCES AT
YOU MANAGE UP, YOUR CHANCES AT LONGER TENURE ARE BETTER?
LONGER TENURE ARE BETTER? >> ESSENTIALLY.
>> ESSENTIALLY. I MEAN, THIS IS THE WHITE HOUSE
I MEAN, THIS IS THE WHITE HOUSE THAT IS RUN BY PRESIDENT TRUMP.
THAT IS RUN BY PRESIDENT TRUMP. WHEN HE WAS FIRST ELECTED, THERE
WHEN HE WAS FIRST ELECTED, THERE WAS A LOT OF TALK, PARTICULARLY
WAS A LOT OF TALK, PARTICULARLY WHEN IT CAME TO THINGS LIKE THE
WHEN IT CAME TO THINGS LIKE THE NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS,
NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS, THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP MIGHT BE
THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP MIGHT BE SORT OF AN EMPTY VESSEL OR A
SORT OF AN EMPTY VESSEL OR A BLANK SLATE THROUGH WHICH OTHERS
BLANK SLATE THROUGH WHICH OTHERS COULD KIND OF GOVERN AND JUST
COULD KIND OF GOVERN AND JUST USE HIM AS A MEANS TO GET THERE.
USE HIM AS A MEANS TO GET THERE. WE’RE SEEING INCREASINGLY THAT
WE’RE SEEING INCREASINGLY THAT THAT JUST ISN’T THE CASE.
THAT JUST ISN’T THE CASE. PRESIDENT TRUMP LIKES TO
PRESIDENT TRUMP LIKES TO SURROUND HIMSELF WITH PEOPLE, AS
SURROUND HIMSELF WITH PEOPLE, AS SECRETARY POMPEO SAID, WHO HE
SECRETARY POMPEO SAID, WHO HE TRUSTS, BUT THE PROBLEM IS
TRUSTS, BUT THE PROBLEM IS FINDING PEOPLE WHO CAN TRUST HIM
FINDING PEOPLE WHO CAN TRUST HIM AND TRUST THAT THEY WOULD LISTEN
AND TRUST THAT THEY WOULD LISTEN TO HIS ADVICE AND DO THE JOB
TO HIS ADVICE AND DO THE JOB THAT THEY -- ALLOW THEM TO DO
THAT THEY -- ALLOW THEM TO DO THE JOB THAT THEY’RE THERE TO
THE JOB THAT THEY’RE THERE TO DO.
DO. PRESIDENT TRUMP IS VERY
PRESIDENT TRUMP IS VERY INTERESTED IN WHO CONTRADICTS
INTERESTED IN WHO CONTRADICTS HIM, PARTICULARLY PUBLICLY.
HIM, PARTICULARLY PUBLICLY. I THINK THIS ALL CAME TO A HEAD,
I THINK THIS ALL CAME TO A HEAD, CLEARLY, BECAUSE OF THE REPORTS
CLEARLY, BECAUSE OF THE REPORTS THAT THERE WAS DISSENSION WITHIN
THAT THERE WAS DISSENSION WITHIN THE WHITE HOUSE, NOT JUST
THE WHITE HOUSE, NOT JUST BETWEEN BOLTON AND THE
BETWEEN BOLTON AND THE PRESIDENT, BUT OF DRAGGING THE
PRESIDENT, BUT OF DRAGGING THE VICE PRESIDENT INTO IT, TOO,
VICE PRESIDENT INTO IT, TOO, WITH NEWS REPORTS SUGGESTING HE
WITH NEWS REPORTS SUGGESTING HE WAS ON BOLTON’S SIDE WHEN IT
WAS ON BOLTON’S SIDE WHEN IT CAME TO THAT MEETING WITH THE
CAME TO THAT MEETING WITH THE TALIBAN LEADERS THAT NEVER
TALIBAN LEADERS THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
HAPPENED. THAT SEEMED TO REALLY ANGER THIS
THAT SEEMED TO REALLY ANGER THIS PRESIDENT.
PRESIDENT. ONE THING THAT I’M HEARING FROM
ONE THING THAT I’M HEARING FROM THE HILL, OF COURSE, FROM A LOT
THE HILL, OF COURSE, FROM A LOT OF LAWMAKERS, YOU TALKED ABOUT
OF LAWMAKERS, YOU TALKED ABOUT SOME OF THE REPUBLICANS WHO WERE
SOME OF THE REPUBLICANS WHO WERE NOT SAD TO SEE BOLTON GO.
NOT SAD TO SEE BOLTON GO. CERTAINLY THE DEMOCRATS WERE NOT
CERTAINLY THE DEMOCRATS WERE NOT FANS OF BOLTON.
FANS OF BOLTON. I THINK TUCKER CARLSON IS WRONG
I THINK TUCKER CARLSON IS WRONG THERE.
THERE. THERE’S A LOT OF -- THERE’S
THERE’S A LOT OF -- THERE’S STILL A LOT OF DISMAY BECAUSE
STILL A LOT OF DISMAY BECAUSE THEY’RE SAYING AT A TIME WHERE
THEY’RE SAYING AT A TIME WHERE THERE’S SO MANY BIG ISSUES IN
THERE’S SO MANY BIG ISSUES IN NATIONAL SECURITY AND FOREIGN
NATIONAL SECURITY AND FOREIGN RELATIONS, WE HAVE FOREIGN -- WE
RELATIONS, WE HAVE FOREIGN -- WE HAVE PRIME MINISTER BENJAMIN
HAVE PRIME MINISTER BENJAMIN NETANYAHU, FOR EXAMPLE, JUST AS
NETANYAHU, FOR EXAMPLE, JUST AS ALL THIS WAS HAPPENING WAS
ALL THIS WAS HAPPENING WAS CLAIMING THAT THE UNITED STATES
CLAIMING THAT THE UNITED STATES WAS GOING TO ASSIST HIM OR BE --
WAS GOING TO ASSIST HIM OR BE -- COOPERATE WITH HIM IN ANNEXING
COOPERATE WITH HIM IN ANNEXING PARTS OF THE WEST BANK.
PARTS OF THE WEST BANK. THERE’S A LOT GOING ON, AND THE
THERE’S A LOT GOING ON, AND THE NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS IS
NATIONAL SECURITY APPARATUS IS IN COMPLETE DISARRAY.
IN COMPLETE DISARRAY. THERE’S NO SENSE OF WHO’S IN
THERE’S NO SENSE OF WHO’S IN CHARGE.
CHARGE. THE PRESIDENT IS FIRING PEOPLE
THE PRESIDENT IS FIRING PEOPLE ON TWITTER.
ON TWITTER. AND ALL THAT MAKES IT VERY
AND ALL THAT MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR THE UNITED STATES
DIFFICULT FOR THE UNITED STATES TO LEAD.
TO LEAD. SO IT’S A LOT OF CHAOS AND
SO IT’S A LOT OF CHAOS AND CONFUSION.
CONFUSION. IT’S SOMETHING THAT THE
IT’S SOMETHING THAT THE PRESIDENT DOESN’T SEEM TO MIND

Share Video:

Embed Video: