A court in Saudi Arabia has commuted the death sentences handed to five people convicted over the 2018 murder of Jamal Khashoggi, state media report.
The public prosecution said they were given 20-year jail terms because the journalist's family had pardoned them.
Three others had their sentences of between seven and 10 years upheld.
Khashoggi, a prominent critic of the Saudi government, was killed inside the kingdom's consulate in the Turkish city of Istanbul by a team of Saudi agents.
The Saudi government said the journalist was killed in a "rogue operation" and the following year Saudi prosecutors put 11 unnamed individuals on trial.
Five were sentenced to death for directly participating in the killing; three were handed prison sentences for covering up the crime; and three were acquitted.
The trial was dismissed as "the antithesis of justice" by a UN special rapporteur, who concluded that Khashoggi was "the victim of a deliberate, premeditated execution" for which the Saudi state was responsible.
Saudi Arabia has reduced the sentences of eight people involved in the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey.
Last year, five of them were given the death penalty for the killing, but that has been overturned.
The court handed 20-year sentences to five people and three others were sentenced to between seven to 10 years, state media reported. The eight convicted were not identified.
Al Jazeera's Alexi O'Brien reports. Saudi Arabia is facing international criticism after closing the trial of those who murdered the journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
A court overturned five death sentences, reducing them to 20-year prison terms instead.
Those behind the so-called hit squad escaped punishment, as did Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, widely believed to have ordered the killing.
Will we ever find out the full detail of what happened to Khashoggi?
Presenter: Imran Khan
Ali Al-Ahmed - Director, Institute for Gulf Affairs
Sherif Mansour - Middle East and North Africa Coordinator, Committee to Protect Journalists
Khalil Jahshan - Executive Director, Arab Center Washington DC Saudi Arabia has reduced the sentences of eight people convicted in the killing of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, state media reported on Monday.
A court handed 20-year sentences to five people charged in the murder case, and three others were sentenced to 7-10 years, it said.
"Five of the convicts were given 20 years in prison and another three were jailed for 7-10 years," the official Saudi Press Agency said, citing the public prosecution service.
The final court verdict comes after Khashoggi's sons said in May they had "pardoned" the killers.
Khashoggi went missing on October 2, 2018, while visiting the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Turkish authorities later revealed he was murdered inside the consulate by a Saudi hit squad. The fiancee of murdered Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi has filed a lawsuit against Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) over the death of her husband to be.
The lawsuit was filed at a US federal court by Hatice Cengiz and Khashoggi's organisation, Democracy for the Arab World Now.
They allege the crown prince and his co-conspirators ordered the abduction, torture, murder, dismemberment and disappearance of Khashoggi.
The lawsuit says the murder was carried out to silence and prevent the Washington Post journalist from speaking out against democratisation in the Middle East.