Fox News
Fox News 7 Nov 2019

RNC chair: Trump did 'everything he could' to help in Kentucky governor's race

Description:

Ronna McDaniel says President Trump being on the ballot in 2020 is going to make a big difference. #FoxNews

FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC),


During the coronavirus task force briefing, President Trump falsely claimed he has "total authority" over what decisions the states can make to reopen businesses once the threat of the coronavirus has subsided.
President Trump tweeted that he has the power to reopen states amid the coronavirus pandemic, even though this responsibility is delegated to state governments. When asked about this claim, President Trump falsely claimed that the president has "total power."
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on said that he asked President Donald Trump to remove State Department Inspector General Steve Linick be fired because the independent watchdog was "undermining" the department and wasn't performing in a way that the top US diplomat wanted him to.
Speaking at the White House, Trump repeatedly said he fired Linick -- whom the President claimed not to know -- at Pompeo's request.
"I said, 'Who appointed him?' And they say, 'President Obama.' I said, 'Look, I will terminate him.' I don't know what's going on other than that. You would have to ask Mike Pompeo. They did ask me to do it, and I did it," Trump said.

#Pompeo
President Trump participated in a signing ceremony for a coronavirus relief bill that will provide funding to small businesses and hospitals at the White House.

… show captions ↓
>> President Trump: YOU ARE
GOING OUT TO REPLACE A RADICAL,
LIBERAL DEMOCRAT AS YOUR
GOVERNOR.
YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT
NEW REPUBLICAN, TREMENDOUSLY
SUCCESSFUL MAN AS YOUR GOVERNOR.
EDDIE.
>> Bill: A LITTLE BIT OF THE
RALLY LAST NIGHT IN LOUISIANA.
HOPING TO PUSH THE REPUBLICAN
ACROSS THE FINISH LINE IN NEXT
WEEK'S RUNOFF RACE AGAINST THE
DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR JOHN BEL
EDWARDS.
REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR MATT BEVIN
IS NOT CONCEDING TO ANDY
BESHEAR.
A LOT OF STUFF TO GO THROUGH.
WHAT HAPPENED IN KENTUCKY WITH
THE TOP OF THE TICKET?
>> WE WON FIVE OUT OF SIX
STATE-WIDE.
WE SAW MATT BEVIN HAD HIGH
NEGATIVES.
IN OUR INTERNAL DATA MONTHS AGO
HE WAS DOWN 15, 16, 17 POINTS.
WE KNEW THE PRESIDENT HAD TO
GET IN.
HE IS A FIGHTER AND WILL HELP
EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN.
A TIGHT RACE.
>> Bill: YOU ARE MAKING THE
CASE IT WAS A BEVIN ISSUE NOT A
DONALD TRUMP ISSUE.
>> WHEN YOU WIN FIVE OF SIX
STATEWIDE RACES AND THE
GOVERNOR IS THE LOWEST
PERFORMER IT IS AN ISSUE ABOUT
THE CANDIDATE.
THE PRESIDENT DID EVERYTHING HE
COULD.
WE WON FIVE OF SIX RACES.
>> Bill: YOU ARE WATCHING THE
SUBURBS.
GOP LOSES VOTERS IN THE SUBURBS
FOR THE THIRD ELECTION IN A ROW.
THE QUESTION FOR YOU AND OTHERS
WHAT IS THE PLAN TO FIX IT?
>> YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE
PRESIDENT IS NOT ON THE BALLOT
WITH THESE RACES.
HE IS GOING INTO THESE STATES
AND BRINGING A LOT OF OUR
CANDIDATES ACROSS THE FINISH
LINE.
DOES WELL IN RURAL AREA.
THE SUBURBS, THEY'RE REJECTING
THE SOCIALIST AGENDA OF THE
DEMOCRAT PARTY.
WHEN YOU HAVE AN ELIZABETH
WARREN ON THE BALLOT OR JOE
BIDEN TALKING ABOUT GIVING FREE
HEALTHCARE TO ILLEGAL
IMMIGRANTS AND HAVING A
GOVERNMENT TAKEOVER OF
HEALTHCARE, THAT'S WHERE WE ARE
GETTING THE VOTERS BACK.
>> Bill: IT SOUNDS LIKE THE
ARGUMENT DEMOCRATS MADE IN 2010
AND 2014.
BARACK OBAMA IS NOT ON THE
BALLOT.
WE DON'T EXPECT TO DO AS WELL.
IS THAT YOUR ARGUMENT
>> NO BETTER PERSON THAN
TURNING OUT OUR VOTES THAN THE
PRESIDENT.
AS MUCH AS HE CAMPAIGNS WITH
EVERYBODY THE PRESIDENT BEING
ON THE BALLOT WILL BE THE
DIFFERENCE MAKER IN 2020 AND WE
GET TO GO IN AND TALK ABOUT THE
FACT THAT WE'VE ADDED JOBS, 6.7
MILLION NEW JOBS, WAGES ARE UP,
RECORD LOW UNEMPLOYMENT, LOWEST
EVER FOR THE AFRICAN-AMERICAN
COMMUNITY.
WE HAVE A RECORD TO RUN ON AND
THAT WILL RESONATE IN THE
SUBURBS WHEN WE CONTRAST IT
AGAINST A DEMOCRAT WHO WANTS
MORE AND MORE GOVERNMENT
CONTROL.
SUBURBAN VOTERS KNOW WILL
BANKRUPT OUR COUNTRY.
>> Bill: YOU THINK BEVIN RIGHT
TO THE FINISH LINE BUT DIDN'T
PUT HIM OVER.
>> WE'LL SEE.
>> Bill: SHOULD HE CONCEDE?
>> HE IS DOING WHAT HE NEEDS TO
DO.
I WON'T INTERFERE WITH THAT.
HE KNOWS HIS STATE BETTER AND
HE IS RECANVASSING AND WE'LL
SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
>> Bill: PENNSYLVANIA NOT
GETTING AS MUCH ATTENTION.
DEMOCRATS CAME OUT AND VOTED IN
BIG NUMBERS ON TUESDAY IN
PENNSYLVANIA.
ESPECIALLY IN THE AREA OF
PHILADELPHIA.
HOW MUCH CONCERN DO YOU HAVE
OVER THAT?
THAT AGAIN IS THE EVIDENCE THAT
GOES BACK TO THE HEADLINE.
>> THE COUNTIES SURROUNDING
PHILADELPHIA THAT YOU ARE
LOOKING AT.
BUCKS COUNTY LOST BY 500 VOTES.
THAT'S IN LINE THAT'S THE SWING
COUNTY.
WE WON A STATEWIDE SUPREME
COURT IN PENNSYLVANIA TUESDAY
NIGHT SUPREME COURT RACE
STATEWIDE AND WON IN THE
WESTERN PART OF PENNSYLVANIA.
PENNSYLVANIA IS A BATTLEGROUND
STATE.
THE RED AREAS ARE STAYING RED.
THE BLUE AREAS ARE STAYING BLUE.
>> Bill: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF
JEFF SESSIONS RUNNING FOR HIS
OLD SEAT?
>> THE VOTERS OF ALABAMA WILL
DECIDE.
YOU HAVE CONGRESSMAN BURNS IN
THAT RACE.
IT IS GOING TO BE SIX
CANDIDATES ON THE BALLOT.
PROBABLY GO TO A RUNOFF.
WE'LL WIN THE SEAT BACK IS WHAT
I THINK.
>> Bill: BRADLEY BURN, HE IS
RUNNING FOR THAT SEAT.
A CLIP FROM HIM.
FROM THE MUELLER INVESTIGATION
TO THIS IMPEACHMENT SHAM
PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS BEEN UNDER
CONSTANT ATTACK.
I WON'T WATCH THEM DESTROY OUR
COUNTRY.
WILL THE PRESIDENT CAMPAIGN
AGAINST JEFF SESSIONS?
>> I WON'T SPEAK FOR THE
PRESIDENT.
IT WILL BE A ROBUST PRIMARY.
NOBODY GETTING IN WILL PUSH ANY
CANDIDATE RUNNING OUT.
>> Bill: HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
>> I FEEL GREAT.
WE WON 12 OF 13 STATEWIDE RACES
THURSDAY.
WE WON A BALLOT INITIATIVE IN
COLORADO AND A SUPREME COURT
SEAT IN PENNSYLVANIA.
THE ENTHUSIASM AND ENERGY IS
THE HIGHEST IT'S EVER BEEN.
THE SMALL DOLLAR DONATIONS

Share Video:

Embed Video: