Fox News

Fox News 10 Jan 2020

Pelosi announces she is ready to move impeachment articles to Senate

Description:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces preparations to transmit impeachment articles to the Senate; reaction and analysis on 'Outnumbered.' #FoxNews

FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC),


Sen. Elizabeth Warren spoke to reporters to announce that she is suspending her presidential campaign in Cambridge, Mass.
Senator Elizabeth Warren held a press conference outside her home in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and announced she was dropping out of the race. "I will not be running for president in 2020, but I guarantee I will stay in the fight for the hardworking folks across the country," she said. Watch her remarks.
The president retaliating against those in the impeachment investigation leaves Washington bracing for more blowback
James Harden and Russell Westbrook feel the Houston Rockets didn't perform well in their loss to the New York Knicks. Both emphasize they aren't going to hang onto the loss and they're ready to move on to their next matchup vs. the LA Clippers.
#HoustonRockets

✔️

… show captions ↓
>> Marie: THEY ARE A TOOL, NOT
AN END THEMSELVES.
>> Harris: I NEED TO GET TO
THIS BREAKING NEWS, HOUSE
SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI HAS JUST
ANNOUNCED SHE PLANS TO TRANSMIT
THE ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT
AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP TO THE
SENATE NEXT WEEK.
THE SPEAKER SAYS DETAILS WILL BE
WORKED OUT DURING A HOUSE
DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS MEETING ON
TUESDAY.
LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS.
GILLIAN, WE KNEW DAY BY DAY,
FROM WHAT SHE SAID EARLIER TODAY
AND YESTERDAY, SOON, SOON, SOON.
NOW WE HAVE MORE OF A TIMETABLE
A TIMETABLE.
>> Gillian: WHICH IS GOOD FOR
EVERYBODY.
IT IS WORTH POINTING OUT,
HARRIS, THAT AS OF YESTERDAY,
SOURCES ON THE HILL SAYING THEY
ARE WORRIED SHE'S BOTCHING THE
LANDING HERE.
ALL ALONG, NANCY PELOSI HAS BEEN
PRAISED BY HER DEMOCRATIC
COLLEAGUES AND MEDIA FOR HER
MASTERFUL HANDLING OF THE
IMPEACHMENT PROCESS, SOME GOING
SO FAR AS TO CLAIM THAT NO OTHER
LEADER COULD HAVE BROUGHT
IMPEACHMENT ALONG AS QUICKLY AS
SHE DID.
IT'S WORTH DISCUSSING WHETHER OR
NOT THIS COLD OUT AT THE END HAS
BEEN WORTH IT FOR HER
POLITICALLY BECAUSE SHE IS NOW
STARTING TO GET CRITICIZED BY
HER OWN PARTY.
>> Harris: WE HAD PICTURES
YESTERDAY OF THE GROWING NUMBER
OF ALL THE DEMOCRATS WERE
TELLING HER, GO AHEAD AND DO
THIS.
IT LOOKS LIKE MAYBE IT HELPED A
LITTLE BIT AND PUTTING SOME
PRESSURE ON SENATOR MITCH
McCONNELL BUT YOU'VE GOT TO GO
AHEAD AND GET THIS DONE.
VISUALLY, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE
FEELS.
>> Dan: IT'S POSSIBLE SHE DOES
DOES.
I CAN TELL YOU FROM THE OPTIC OF
SOMEONE WHO LIVED THIS OVERSEAS,
IT OVERTAKES THE CONVERSATION
YOU'RE HAVING WITH YOUR
COUNTERPARTS.
WHETHER THEY ARE IN INTELLIGENCE
SERVICES OR FELLOW DIPLOMATS.
>> Harris: HOW SO?
>> Dan: IT'S THE NUMBER ONE
ISSUE EVERYBODY IS FOCUSED ON,
IT'S A LITTLE BIT OF A ZERO-SUM
GAME, TO THE DETRIMENT OF
INSTEAD OF WORKING ON THAT
ECONOMIC AGREEMENT, LET'S TALK
ABOUT IMPEACHMENT AND ITS IMPACT
ON YOUR DOMESTIC POLITICS.
>> Harris: THAT IS
FASCINATING.
YOUR COUNTERPARTS HALF A WORLD
AWAY ARE WATCHING OUR POLITICS
THAT MUCH.
>> Dan: THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE
INTERESTED IN FOR SURE AND YOU
CAN BET OUR ENEMIES ARE TRACKING
THIS VERY CLOSELY, BOTH OVERTLY
AND THROUGH THEIR CLANDESTINE
SOURCES.
>> Harris: I DO WANT TO TELL
YOU BECAUSE WE HAVE A TEAM ON
THE HILL, SPEAKER PELOSI WAS
WALKING INTO HER OFFICE THIS
MORNING AND SHE SAID I WILL BE
COMMUNICATING WITH MY MEMBERS
AND PERHAPS WE WILL SEE THAT IN
TERMS OF THIS PLAN THAT'S JUST
BROKEN TO MOVE THESE ARTICLES OF
IMPEACHMENT NEXT WEEK.
>> Dagen: IT SO FAR IT'S BEEN
THE OTHER WAY AROUND, ADAM
SMITH, CHAIRMAN OF THE HOUSE
ARMED SERVICES COMMITTEE SAID
THAT SHE SHOULD SEND THE
ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT TO THE
SENATE AND HAD TO BACKTRACK AND
SAID "I MISSPOKE."
YOU HAVE A GROWING LIST OF SOME
DEMOCRATS SAYING YOU WERE IN A
BIG HURRY TO STOP
PRESIDENT TRUMP FROM CORRUPTING
THIS ELECTION EVEN THOUGH IT'S
PREEMPTIVE IMPEACHMENT IS NOT
CONSTITUTIONAL.
YOU'RE SAYING YOUR ARGUMENT IS
IN HOLDING WATER BECAUSE YOU ARE
SITTING ON THIS PLUS IT IS VERY
DETRIMENTAL TO THE SENATE
DEMOCRATS RUNNING FOR THE
PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATION.
WARREN, SANDERS, BOOKER, AMY
KLOBUCHAR, THE LONGER THIS
TAKES, SITTING SIX DAYS A WEEK I
TAKES, SITTING SIX DAYS A WEEK N
THE SENATE AND NOT CAMPAIGNING
BETWEEN POTENTIALLY THE IOWA
CAUCUSES AND NEW HAMPSHIRE AND
SUPER TUESDAY.
>> Harris: ALL RIGHT, REAL
QUICKLY.
SENATOR CHUCK GRASSLEY,
REPUBLICAN OF IOWA, OBVIOUSLY,
SAYS THAT SPEAKER PELOSI THROUGH
THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS INTO
UNNECESSARY CHAOS.
FROM THE BEGINNING IT'S BEEN
UNCLEAR WHAT THE GOAL OF THIS
HURRY UP AND WAIT TACTIC WAS OR
WHAT THE COUNTRY STOOD TO GAIN.
WE NOW KNOW THE ANSWER WAS
NOTHING.
WE'VE HAD THREE WE NEEDLESS
WEEKS OF UNCERTAINTY AND
CONFUSION CAUSING EVEN MORE
DIVISION."
REPUBLICAN SENATOR CHUCK
GRASSLEY.
MARIA?
>> Marie: I'M SURE CHUCK
GRASSLEY REALLY WANTED TO WORK
OVER NEW YEAR'S.
THESE WEEKS ARE GOING TO BE LOST
NO MATTER WHAT BUT I THINK A
COUPLE OF THINGS ARE TRUE ABOUT
NANCY PELOSI'S STRATEGY.
ACCORDING TO ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE,
HAVING THIS CONVERSATION ABOUT
WITNESSES HAS HELPED SPUR
CONVERSATION ABOUT WHETHER A
SENATE TRIAL CAN BE FAIR WITHOUT
THEM.
THE FACT THAT JOHN BOLTON CAME
OUT AND SAID I WOULD RESPOND TO
A SUBPOENA IN THE POLL NUMBERS
HAVE BEEN ROUTINELY BEEN PRETTY
HIGH NUMBERS, PEOPLE THINK THERE
SHOULD BE WITNESSES.
SHE'S HELPED CONVINCED THE
PUBLIC, AT LEAST PART OF IT,
THAT A SENATE TRIAL WITHOUT
WITNESSES MAY NOT BE FAIR.
WE WILL PLAY THIS OUT OVER THE
COMING WEEKS BECAUSE I AGREE.
ELIZABETH WARREN, WHO KNOWS HOW
LONG SHE WILL BE IN THE
PRESIDENTIAL RACE BUT SHE WANTS
TO BE ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL AND
NOT SITTING THERE.
>> Harris: THEY ALL DO.
>> Gillian: EVEN CORY BOOKER
HAS NOW COME UNDER FIRE.
IF SHE HAS SCORED A POINT FOR
GETTING PEOPLE TO THINK ABOUT
THE NECESSITY OF WITNESSES,
SHE'S ALSO GOT AN X IN HER
CORNER NOW ITCHES, WAS IT REALLY
LEGITIMATE FOR HER TO HOLD BACK?
>> Dagen: IT'S
UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
>> Marie: IT'S NOT
CONSTITUTIONAL.
>> Gillian: THE CONSTITUTION
DOES NOT STIPULATE THAT THE
SENATE TRIAL MUST BE HELD
ACCORDING TO THE HOUSE SPEAKER'S
DIRECTION.
>> Marie: SHE WAS TRYING TO
GET AGREEMENT FROM THE MAJORITY
LEADER, THAT'S NOT PLAYING
DIRTY, THAT'S TRYING TO ACTUALLY
GET THE --
>> Harris: I HAD A DEMOCRAT
YESTERDAY SAY THAT JOHN BOLTON
COULD ACTUALLY BE CALLED BY
NANCY PELOSI, SHE COULD HAVE
DONE THAT BEFORE.
>> Marie: I THINK THE BOLTON
NEWS IS SOMETHING THAT WAS AN
ACCOMPLISHMENT, A SERIOUS MARKER
IN THIS IMPEACHMENT PROCESS.
I THINK SHE HAS HIGHLIGHTED FOR
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, MITCH

Share Video:

Embed Video: