MSNBC

MSNBC 15 Jan 2020

Lev Parnas: 'President Trump Knew Exactly What Was Going On.'

Description:

Lev Parnas, an associate of Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani, talks with Rachel Maddow in an exclusive interview about the extent of Donald Trump's knowledge of the work he was doing to manipulate the president of Ukraine to help Trump smear political rival Joe Biden. Aired on 1/15/2020.


Tyreek Hill says he knew Patrick Mahomes was going to be a special player from the first day of training camp. Hill and Mahomes connected 9 times for 105 yards.
The first day of President Trump's visit to India saw him welcomed by a huge crowd in Gujarat's Ahmedabad city, and struggling with pronunciations of some Indian words.

But why does the trip matter to the US president and his host, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
One day before the New Hampshire primary, former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg held a rally in Plymouth, NH where he decried President Trump's "white identity politics," offered his vision for a more inclusive America, and explained why he goes on Fox News.
CNN's chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, told President Trump today that his network's "record on delivering the truth is a lot better" than his "sometimes" after the president broached a recent report on Russian election interference that CNN later walked back.

The exchange came in New Delhi, India after Acosta asked if Trump would pledge to reject any foreign interference in the upcoming presidential campaign.

"First of all, I want no help from any country, and I haven't been given help from any country," Trump replied. "And if you see what CNN, your wonderful network, said, I guess they apologized in a way for — didn't they apologize for the fact that they said certain things that weren't true? Tell me, what was their apology yesterday? What did they say?"

… show captions ↓
THEY ARE ACCURATE. THINGS HAPPENED THAT NEED TO GET
THINGS HAPPENED THAT NEED TO GET OUT, AND I THINK THE WORLD NEEDS
OUT, AND I THINK THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW.
TO KNOW. >>> WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE
>>> WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE MAIN INACCURACY OR MAIN LIE
MAIN INACCURACY OR MAIN LIE THAT’S BEING TOLD THAT YOU FEEL
THAT’S BEING TOLD THAT YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CAN CORRECT.
LIKE YOU CAN CORRECT. >> THAT THE PRESIDENT DID KNOW
>> THAT THE PRESIDENT DID KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON.
WHAT WAS GOING ON. PRESIDENT TRUMP KNEW EXACTLY
PRESIDENT TRUMP KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON.
WHAT WAS GOING ON. HE WAS AWARE OF ALL MY
HE WAS AWARE OF ALL MY MOVEMENTS.
MOVEMENTS. I WOULDN’T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT
I WOULDN’T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF RUDY GIULIANI OR
THE CONSENT OF RUDY GIULIANI OR THE PRESIDENT.
THE PRESIDENT. I HAVE NO INTENT, NO REASON TO
I HAVE NO INTENT, NO REASON TO SPEAK TO ANY OF THESE OFFICIALS.
SPEAK TO ANY OF THESE OFFICIALS. THEY HAVE NO REASON TO SPEAK TO
THEY HAVE NO REASON TO SPEAK TO ME.
ME. WHY WOULD PRESIDENTS ZELENSKY
WHY WOULD PRESIDENTS ZELENSKY INNER CIRCLE OR MINISTER -- OR
INNER CIRCLE OR MINISTER -- OR PRESIDENT POROSHENKO MEET WITH
PRESIDENT POROSHENKO MEET WITH ME.
ME. WHO AM I?
WHO AM I? THEY WERE TOLD TO MEET WITH ME.
THEY WERE TOLD TO MEET WITH ME. THAT’S THE SECRET THEY WERE
THAT’S THE SECRET THEY WERE TRYING TO KEEP.
TRYING TO KEEP. I WAS ON THE GROUND DOING THEIR
I WAS ON THE GROUND DOING THEIR WORK.
WORK. >>> IN TERMS OF THE PRESIDENT
>>> IN TERMS OF THE PRESIDENT AND WHAT HE HAS SAID ABOUT YOU,
AND WHAT HE HAS SAID ABOUT YOU, HE SAID ABOUT YOU AND FROM IGOR
HE SAID ABOUT YOU AND FROM IGOR FRUMEN, I DON’T KNOW THOSE
FRUMEN, I DON’T KNOW THOSE GENTLEMEN, NO KNOW WHAT THEY DO.
GENTLEMEN, NO KNOW WHAT THEY DO. YOU’RE SAYING THAT WAS NOT A
YOU’RE SAYING THAT WAS NOT A TRUE STATEMENT?
TRUE STATEMENT? >> HE LIED.
>> HE LIED. WHEN YOU SAY FRIENDS, ME AND HIM
WHEN YOU SAY FRIENDS, ME AND HIM DIDN’T EAT HOT DOGS TOGETHER.
DIDN’T EAT HOT DOGS TOGETHER. I INTERACTED WITH HIM AS A LOT
I INTERACTED WITH HIM AS A LOT OF EVENTS.
OF EVENTS. WE HAD ONE-ON-ONE CONVERSATIONS
WE HAD ONE-ON-ONE CONVERSATIONS AT ROUNDTABLES.
AT ROUNDTABLES. BASICALLY I WAS -- FOROUR FIVE
BASICALLY I WAS -- FOROUR FIVE DAYS OUT OF THE WEEK I WAS IN
DAYS OUT OF THE WEEK I WAS IN CONSTANT CONTACT WITH HIM.
CONSTANT CONTACT WITH HIM. I WAS WITH RUDY WHEN HE WOULD
I WAS WITH RUDY WHEN HE WOULD SPEAK TO THE PRESIDENT, PLENTY
SPEAK TO THE PRESIDENT, PLENTY OF TIMES.
OF TIMES. I MEAN, SO IT’S JUST LUDICROUSEW
I MEAN, SO IT’S JUST LUDICROUSEW >> HOW DID YOU KNOW RUDY WAS ON
>> HOW DID YOU KNOW RUDY WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE PRESIDENT?
THE PHONE WITH THE PRESIDENT? WAS IT ON SPEAKERPHONE?
WAS IT ON SPEAKERPHONE? >> IT WOULD BE SEVER TIMES ON
>> IT WOULD BE SEVER TIMES ON SPEAKERPHONE.
SPEAKERPHONE. HE WOULD START THE CONVERSATION,
HE WOULD START THE CONVERSATION, TAKE IT OFF, AND THEN GO
TAKE IT OFF, AND THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TALK TO HIM.
SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TALK TO HIM. A LOT OF TIMES IT WAS ON THE
A LOT OF TIMES IT WAS ON THE GOLF COURSE WHEN WE WERE GOLFING
GOLF COURSE WHEN WE WERE GOLFING TOGETHER.
TOGETHER. I ESPECIALLY REMEMBER DURING THE
I ESPECIALLY REMEMBER DURING THE MUELLER TIME THAT RUDY SAID
MUELLER TIME THAT RUDY SAID SOMETHING THAT WAS TAKING OUT OF
SOMETHING THAT WAS TAKING OUT OF CONTEXT AND HE WAS CREAMING AT
CONTEXT AND HE WAS CREAMING AT HIM SO LOUD.
HIM SO LOUD. THAT’S WHEN I WATCHED THE
THAT’S WHEN I WATCHED THE TESTIMONY, I COULD UNDERSTAND
TESTIMONY, I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN’T HEAR PRESIDENT
THAT YOU CAN’T HEAR PRESIDENT TRUMP TALKING TO -- LIKE I HEARD
TRUMP TALKING TO -- LIKE I HEARD HIM SEVERAL TIMES WHEN HE WAS
HIM SEVERAL TIMES WHEN HE WAS WITH RUDY.
WITH RUDY. >> BECAUSE HE SPEAKS LOUDLY ON
>> BECAUSE HE SPEAKS LOUDLY ON THE PHONE?
THE PHONE? >> VERY LOUDLY.
>> VERY LOUDLY. >>> WHEN YOU SAY THE PRESIDENT
>>> WHEN YOU SAY THE PRESIDENT KNEW ABOUT YOUR MOVEMENTS AND
KNEW ABOUT YOUR MOVEMENTS AND WHAT YOU WERE DOING, ARE YOU
WHAT YOU WERE DOING, ARE YOU SAYING SPECIFICALLY, AND I WANT
SAYING SPECIFICALLY, AND I WANT TO DRILL DOWN ON THAT, THAT THE
TO DRILL DOWN ON THAT, THAT THE PRESIDENT WAS AWARE YOU AND MR.
PRESIDENT WAS AWARE YOU AND MR. GIULIANI WERE WORKING ON THIS
GIULIANI WERE WORKING ON THIS EFFORT IN UKRAINE TO BASICALLY
EFFORT IN UKRAINE TO BASICALLY HURT JOE BIDEN’S POLITICAL
HURT JOE BIDEN’S POLITICAL CAREER?
CAREER? HE KNEW THAT?
HE KNEW THAT? >> IT WAS ALL ABOUT JOE BIDEN,
>> IT WAS ALL ABOUT JOE BIDEN, HUNTER BIDEN, AND RUDY HAD A
HUNTER BIDEN, AND RUDY HAD A PERSONAL THING WITH THE MANAFORT
PERSONAL THING WITH THE MANAFORT STUFF, THE BLACK LEDGER.
STUFF, THE BLACK LEDGER. THAT WAS ANOTHER THING THEY WERE
THAT WAS ANOTHER THING THEY WERE LOOKING INTO, BUT IT WAS NEVER

Share Video:

Embed Video: