Fox News

Fox News 18 Mar 2020

Dr. Fauci: No doubt the US is still in the escalation phase of coronavirus

Description:

Coronavirus task force member Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, joins Tucker Carlson on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.' #FoxNews #Tucker

FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC),


Britain's gross domestic product stood still in the final three months of 2019 - registering no growth at all.

Despite the slowdown, overall the economy grew 1.4% last year which is slightly up from 2018.

Sky's economics editor Ed Conway has been speaking to the Chancellor Sajid Javid about the results.
In an interview with CNN on Sunday, Dr. Fauci predicted that the US will see 100,000 to 200,000 coronavirus deaths and millions of cases.
Sky's chief correspondent Stuart Ramsay travels to Honduras to take an in-depth look at femicide: the act of killing a woman for simply being a woman.

More than 40 cases of femicide were recorded in Honduras in January and February this year.

According to the Women's Rights Center in the country, a woman is murdered every 16 hours.
The U.S. has the largest prison system in the world and now it's battling COVID-19. Housing about two million inmates a day, with the highest per-capita incarceration rate, U.S. prisons and jails are overcrowded and often lacking in ideal sanitary conditions. Now many of these jails and prisons are reporting cases of COVID-19.

… show captions ↓
2020. "THE STORY" CONTINUES AND I WILL
"THE STORY" CONTINUES AND I WILL SEE YOU AGAIN TOMORROW.
SEE YOU AGAIN TOMORROW. ♪ ♪
♪ ♪ >> Tucker: GOOD EVENING, AND
>> Tucker: GOOD EVENING, AND WELCOME TO "TUCKER CARLSON
WELCOME TO "TUCKER CARLSON TONIGHT."
TONIGHT." THE CORONAVIRUS IS NOW IN EVERY
THE CORONAVIRUS IS NOW IN EVERY AMERICAN STATE AND HAS KILLED
AMERICAN STATE AND HAS KILLED MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE HERE SO
MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE HERE SO FAR.
FAR. THE NUMBER, OF COURSE, WILL
THE NUMBER, OF COURSE, WILL RISE.
RISE. IN ITALY, THE VIRUS KILLED
IN ITALY, THE VIRUS KILLED ALMOST 500 PEOPLE TODAY.
ALMOST 500 PEOPLE TODAY. NOBODY IS INVULNERABLE TO IT.
NOBODY IS INVULNERABLE TO IT. JUST AN HOUR AGO, A CONGRESSMAN
JUST AN HOUR AGO, A CONGRESSMAN IN FLORIDA BECAME THE FIRST
IN FLORIDA BECAME THE FIRST FEDERAL LAWMAKER CONFIRMED TO
FEDERAL LAWMAKER CONFIRMED TO HAVE THE VIRUS.
HAVE THE VIRUS. WE WILL BE COVERING EVERY ASPECT
WE WILL BE COVERING EVERY ASPECT OF THIS PANDEMIC THIS OUR PURELY
OF THIS PANDEMIC THIS OUR PURELY ECONOMIC EFFECT, THE EFFECT ON
ECONOMIC EFFECT, THE EFFECT ON SOCIETY, THE ROLE OF CHINA AND
SOCIETY, THE ROLE OF CHINA AND ALL OF THIS, WHICH IS
ALL OF THIS, WHICH IS SIGNIFICANT.
SIGNIFICANT. WE WILL ALSO INTERVIEW WITH A
WE WILL ALSO INTERVIEW WITH A PERSON RECOVERING FROM THE VIRUS
PERSON RECOVERING FROM THE VIRUS RIGHT NOW.
RIGHT NOW. WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE?
WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE? YOU WILL HEAR THAT.
YOU WILL HEAR THAT. BEFORE THAT, AS WE HAVE EVERY
BEFORE THAT, AS WE HAVE EVERY NIGHT, WE WANT TO OPEN WITH A
NIGHT, WE WANT TO OPEN WITH A BIG PICTURE LOOK AT THE CURRENT
BIG PICTURE LOOK AT THE CURRENT STATE OF CORONAVIRUS, AND WHO
STATE OF CORONAVIRUS, AND WHO BETTER THAN DR. ANTHONY FAUCI,
BETTER THAN DR. ANTHONY FAUCI, DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL
DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY AND
INSTITUTE OF ALLERGY AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES.
INFECTIOUS DISEASES. DR. FAUCI JOINS US ON.
DR. FAUCI JOINS US ON. DOCTOR, THANK YOU FOR COMING ON.
DOCTOR, THANK YOU FOR COMING ON. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, THE
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, THE ADMINISTRATION, HAS SPENT AN
ADMINISTRATION, HAS SPENT AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY
ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY RESPONDING, AND IT LOOKS LIKE
RESPONDING, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE POURING ALL OF THEIR
THEY ARE POURING ALL OF THEIR ENERGY AND ALL OF THEIR EFFORTS
ENERGY AND ALL OF THEIR EFFORTS INTO PROTECTING THE COUNTRY FROM
INTO PROTECTING THE COUNTRY FROM THE SPIRIT AS OF NOW.
THE SPIRIT AS OF NOW. IS IT WORKING, DO YOU THINK?
IS IT WORKING, DO YOU THINK? >> I’M CERTAIN IT’S HAVING AN
>> I’M CERTAIN IT’S HAVING AN IMPACT.
IMPACT. IT’S NOT ABLE TO BE MEASURED
IT’S NOT ABLE TO BE MEASURED PRECISELY, BECAUSE YOU ARE TWO
PRECISELY, BECAUSE YOU ARE TWO THINGS GOING ON AT THE SAME
THINGS GOING ON AT THE SAME TIME.
TIME. YOU HAVE AN ESCALATION OF THE
YOU HAVE AN ESCALATION OF THE INFECTIONS, AND YOU HAVE ALL OF
INFECTIONS, AND YOU HAVE ALL OF THE THINGS WE’VE BEEN TALKING
THE THINGS WE’VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT AND DOING OVER THE PAST
ABOUT AND DOING OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS THAT IS BLUNTING THAT,
FEW DAYS THAT IS BLUNTING THAT, BUT WHEN YOU HAVE THESE TWO
BUT WHEN YOU HAVE THESE TWO DYNAMIC THINGS GOING ON WITH THE
DYNAMIC THINGS GOING ON WITH THE SAME TIME, YOU CAN’T
SAME TIME, YOU CAN’T QUANTITATIVELY SAY HOW MUCH IS
QUANTITATIVELY SAY HOW MUCH IS HAVING AN EFFECT.
HAVING AN EFFECT. BUT FOR ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, IT’S
BUT FOR ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, IT’S HAVING AN EFFECT.
HAVING AN EFFECT. WHEN YOU DO THE KIND OF
WHEN YOU DO THE KIND OF MITIGATION APPROACHES THAT ARE
MITIGATION APPROACHES THAT ARE BEING DONE RIGHT NOW, AND ALL OF
BEING DONE RIGHT NOW, AND ALL OF THE OTHER EFFORT THAT’S BEEN
THE OTHER EFFORT THAT’S BEEN GOING IN RIGHT NOW, CERTAINLY
GOING IN RIGHT NOW, CERTAINLY IT’S HAVING AN EFFECT.
IT’S HAVING AN EFFECT. HOWEVER, YOU ARE GOING TO SEE
HOWEVER, YOU ARE GOING TO SEE TOMORROW, AS YOU JUST MENTIONED
TOMORROW, AS YOU JUST MENTIONED NOW, THERE WILL BE MORE CASES,
NOW, THERE WILL BE MORE CASES, AND THERE WILL CONTINUE TO GO UP
AND THERE WILL CONTINUE TO GO UP THAT DOESN’T MEAN WHAT WE ARE
THAT DOESN’T MEAN WHAT WE ARE DOING IS NOT HAVING AN IMPORTANT
DOING IS NOT HAVING AN IMPORTANT EFFECT.
EFFECT. >> Tucker: WHERE ARE WE, CAN
>> Tucker: WHERE ARE WE, CAN YOU ESTIMATE, AND THE
YOU ESTIMATE, AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS?
DEVELOPMENT OF THIS? >> WHEN YOU SAY THE DEVELOPMENT,
>> WHEN YOU SAY THE DEVELOPMENT, YOU MEAN THE EVOLUTION OF THE
YOU MEAN THE EVOLUTION OF THE OUTBREAK, TUCKER?
OUTBREAK, TUCKER? >> Tucker: THAT’S EXACTLY
>> Tucker: THAT’S EXACTLY RIGHT.
RIGHT. THE EVOLUTION OF THE OUTBREAK OF
THE EVOLUTION OF THE OUTBREAK OF CORONAVIRUS IN THE U.S.
CORONAVIRUS IN THE U.S. >> IT IS STILL IN THE ESCALATION
>> IT IS STILL IN THE ESCALATION PHASE, THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT
PHASE, THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.
IT. BECAUSE YOU LOOK AT THE NUMBERS,
BECAUSE YOU LOOK AT THE NUMBERS, YOU TAKE A LOOK -- IT’S UNEVEN.
YOU TAKE A LOOK -- IT’S UNEVEN. THERE ARE CERTAIN PARTS OF THE
THERE ARE CERTAIN PARTS OF THE COUNTRY THAT GOT HIT EARLY AND
COUNTRY THAT GOT HIT EARLY AND HAD COMMUNITIES SPREAD, LIKE IN
HAD COMMUNITIES SPREAD, LIKE IN WASHINGTON STATE.
WASHINGTON STATE. NEW YORK, RIGHT NOW, IS HAVING A
NEW YORK, RIGHT NOW, IS HAVING A PARTICULARLY DIFFICULT PROBLEM.
PARTICULARLY DIFFICULT PROBLEM. THAT IS THE WAY YOU ARE GOING TO
THAT IS THE WAY YOU ARE GOING TO SEE IT OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.
SEE IT OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. YOU ARE GOING TO SEE NOT A
YOU ARE GOING TO SEE NOT A HOMOGENEOUS EVOLUTION OF IT.
HOMOGENEOUS EVOLUTION OF IT. IT’S GOING TO BE THIS WAY
IT’S GOING TO BE THIS WAY THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY.
THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY. >> Tucker: WHAT DO YOU THINK
>> Tucker: WHAT DO YOU THINK THE REAL NUMBER IS?
THE REAL NUMBER IS? IS IT KNOWABLE OR GUESSABLE?
IS IT KNOWABLE OR GUESSABLE? IS IT WORTH GUESSING, OF
IS IT WORTH GUESSING, OF INFECTIONS?
INFECTIONS? >> YOU KNOW, IT’S NOT WORTH
>> YOU KNOW, IT’S NOT WORTH GUESSING, TUCKER.
GUESSING, TUCKER. CERTAINLY, AS YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU
CERTAINLY, AS YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU HAVE AN EVOLUTION OF AN
HAVE AN EVOLUTION OF AN OUTBREAK, AND HISTORICALLY, THIS
OUTBREAK, AND HISTORICALLY, THIS IS TRUE FOR EVERY OUTBREAK,
IS TRUE FOR EVERY OUTBREAK, PARTICULARLY ONES OF DISEASES
PARTICULARLY ONES OF DISEASES THAT WE’VE NEVER HAD EXPERIENCE
THAT WE’VE NEVER HAD EXPERIENCE WITH BEFORE.
WITH BEFORE. THERE ARE CERTAINLY MORE PEOPLE
THERE ARE CERTAINLY MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE, PROBABLY MANY MORE
OUT THERE, PROBABLY MANY MORE PEOPLE, WHO ARE INFECTED, WHO
PEOPLE, WHO ARE INFECTED, WHO HAVE NOT YET COME TO OUR
HAVE NOT YET COME TO OUR ATTENTION.
ATTENTION. THAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY
THAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THE MAJOR EXPANSION OF TESTING
THE MAJOR EXPANSION OF TESTING IS GOING TO GIVE US A BETTER
IS GOING TO GIVE US A BETTER IDEA OF THAT.
IDEA OF THAT. BUT I THINK IT IS FOLLY TO TRY
BUT I THINK IT IS FOLLY TO TRY TO PUT A NUMBER ON IT WHEN YOU
TO PUT A NUMBER ON IT WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS IN MOTION
HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS IN MOTION AND DYNAMICALLY MOVING.
AND DYNAMICALLY MOVING. >> Tucker: THAT SOUNDS RIGHT.
>> Tucker: THAT SOUNDS RIGHT. I WANT TO ASK YOU A SPECIFIC
I WANT TO ASK YOU A SPECIFIC QUESTION THAT AROSE TODAY.
QUESTION THAT AROSE TODAY. THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION IS
THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION IS SUGGESTING PEOPLE NOT USE
SUGGESTING PEOPLE NOT USE IBUPROFEN, THAT WILL BE
IBUPROFEN, THAT WILL BE BRAND-NAME ADVIL.
BRAND-NAME ADVIL. AND FRENCH RESEARCHERS ARE
AND FRENCH RESEARCHERS ARE SAYING THE SAME, SUGGESTING IT
SAYING THE SAME, SUGGESTING IT MIGHT EXACERBATE THE DISEASE,
MIGHT EXACERBATE THE DISEASE, ITS PROGRESSION TO THE LUNGS.
ITS PROGRESSION TO THE LUNGS. IS THAT GOOD GUIDANCE, DO YOU
IS THAT GOOD GUIDANCE, DO YOU THINK?
THINK? DO YOU THINK THAT IS TRUE?
DO YOU THINK THAT IS TRUE? >> WELL, YOU KNOW, THERE IS NO
>> WELL, YOU KNOW, THERE IS NO REAL, SCIENTIFIC DATA, TUCKER,
REAL, SCIENTIFIC DATA, TUCKER, THAT TELLS YOU THAT THAT IS A
THAT TELLS YOU THAT THAT IS A FACT, OR EVIDENCE-BASED.
FACT, OR EVIDENCE-BASED. I THINK WHAT THEY ARE REFERRING
I THINK WHAT THEY ARE REFERRING TO IS THEY WANT TO BE THE BETTER
TO IS THEY WANT TO BE THE BETTER PART OF REALLY BEING CAUTIOUS,
PART OF REALLY BEING CAUTIOUS, BECAUSE THERE IS A SYNDROME THAT
BECAUSE THERE IS A SYNDROME THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF
IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF ASPIRIN IN CHILDREN WITH
ASPIRIN IN CHILDREN WITH INFLUENZA THAT GIVES THEM A
INFLUENZA THAT GIVES THEM A NEUROLOGICAL SYNDROME, AND I
NEUROLOGICAL SYNDROME, AND I BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE
BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE THINKING, SINCE THERE IS A
THINKING, SINCE THERE IS A RELATIONSHIP OBVIOUSLY BETWEEN
RELATIONSHIP OBVIOUSLY BETWEEN NONSTEROIDAL’S AND ASPIRIN,
NONSTEROIDAL’S AND ASPIRIN, MAYBE THERE WILL BE SOME HARM,
MAYBE THERE WILL BE SOME HARM, BUT THERE IS NO REAL STUDY THAT
BUT THERE IS NO REAL STUDY THAT DEFINITIVELY PROVES THAT BUT
DEFINITIVELY PROVES THAT BUT THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO BE VERY
THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO BE VERY CAUTIOUS.
CAUTIOUS. >> Tucker: WOULD YOU TAKE IT?
>> Tucker: WOULD YOU TAKE IT? >> WHAT I TAKE IT?
>> WHAT I TAKE IT? WHEN I GET A FEVER OR AN EIGHT,
WHEN I GET A FEVER OR AN EIGHT, I TAKE TYLENOL, BUT I’VE BEEN
I TAKE TYLENOL, BUT I’VE BEEN DOING THAT ALL MY LIFE.
DOING THAT ALL MY LIFE. >> Tucker: [LAUGHS]
>> Tucker: [LAUGHS] THAT’S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

Share Video:

Embed Video: