Decaying oil tanker may soon cause one of the largest oil spills ever
From above it's a pin prick in the waters off Yemen. But experts say this decaying oil tanker is like a floating bomb that could go off at any moment. Fears over the fate of the stranded supertanker are growing for more than five years. Experts warn the tanker may soon break apart, causing one of the largest oil spills in living memory, with devastating impacts on the environmment and the economy. But the vessel is being used as a bargaining chip in Yemen's ongoing war.
We must build a new normal where persons with #disabilities are fully included in work, politics, education, sports and leisure. The UN #COSP13 conference will chart the way.
Building back better means better for everyone! That includes persons with disabilities.
The Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (COSP) is one of the largest and most important global forums on disability issues.
Held under the presidency of Ecuador, the 13th annual session will feature remarks from the President of the General Assembly and the United Nations Secretary-General live from the General Assembly, along with recorded remarks from prominent disability advocates from around the world.
- Luis Gallegos, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Human Mobility of Ecuador as President of the Conference,
- Volkan Bozkir, President of the General Assembly,
- António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations,
- Danlami Umaru Basharu, Chair of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities,
- Gerald Quinn, UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities,
- Maria Soledad Cisternas, Secretary-General's Special Envoy on Disability and Accessibility
- Idriss Alzouma Maiga, Civil Society representative How has Dubai become one of the most accessible cities in the world? In this episode of Focus, Euronews meets 'people of determination' there to find out. Calling Lou Holtz "one of the greatest coaches in American history," President Donald Trump on Thursday honored the college football Hall of Famer and political ally with the nation's highest civilian honor. (Dec. 3) The fishing industry only makes up a small fraction of the United Kingdom's economy, but fishing rights have become one of the biggest challenges to a Brexit deal between Britain and the European Union. CNN's Anna Stewart visits the port town of Brixham, England, to find out why.